Problems and Solutions: associating objects and story

The problem of associated objects with the story:

An exploration of Fragmented Narrative

Previous Method: At the beginning, I just have a brief concept of the whole story. I attempt to find objects which can be used as plots for the story in RPG MAKER MZ. However, it’s really a difficult work. New ideas would be conflict with original ideas, making me can’t find suitable things for my project. 


New Method: I changed my way. I constructed a case as detailed as possible and tried to find objects according to these details. Frankly, it's a more effective ways, because I have clear aims of every object. It also reminds me that Fragmented Narrative is just a way of storytelling, instead of a way of creating story.

Method:

First step: constructing a complete story about the case

Every details of the whole story

Second step: Fragmentation of the complete story, selecting part of fragmented information as plots of players.

Third step: I created comparison on text and visual effect and make information connect with the scene and items. The curiosity of connection would guide players. 











Comments